
Summary: After losing both of her missionary parents (her father a doctor, her mother a teacher) to an influenza epidemic in their tiny village in Africa, Rachel Sheridan’s whole world changes. She becomes Valerie Pritchard as a greedy couple forces her to pose as their deceased daughter to wheedle money out of their rich father. But, the tables are turned as Rachel captures the old man’s heart, by sharing his love of exotic birds. Though he discovers her deceit, adopts her and gives her a large inheritance. She uses the money to become a doctor and return to her beloved Africa, and the sound of the roaring lions. There she rebuilds the hospital her parents worked so hard for.
Personal Review: I really enjoyed the imagery and morals of this book, though at times the storyline seemed disjointed, like a connecting theme was absent. It almost seemed like three separate stories, rather than one entire book. But I did enjoy the story, and it would be a good light read. This is more of a “tween” book though.
Personal Review: I really enjoyed the imagery and morals of this book, though at times the storyline seemed disjointed, like a connecting theme was absent. It almost seemed like three separate stories, rather than one entire book. But I did enjoy the story, and it would be a good light read. This is more of a “tween” book though.
No comments:
Post a Comment