Wednesday, May 20, 2009

13 Little Blue Envelopes


13 Little Blue Envelopes,

by Maureen Johnson
HarperTempest (an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers)


Summary: Ginny is a shy, quiet “good girl” teenager who grew up adoring her slightly crazy, artistic aunt, Peg. One day, Peg disappears. She is gone for months, only communicating with the family through the occasional post-card from Europe. One day they receive news that Peg has suddenly developed a brain tumor and passed away. But, the summer that Ginny is 17 she receives a letter from her mysterious aunt, directing her to her old apartment, where she receives a package full of 13 little blue envelopes. Each contains instructions for Ginny that, when followed, lead her on the most amazing summer adventure of her life as she treks across Europe with only a backpack and these mysterious letters from her aunt. Along the way she finds love, adventure and mystery, but most of all, she discovers herself. She spends several days in Paris, check out what she may have seen!


Personal Review: I loved this book! I read it in about 4 hours! I couldn’t stop turning the pages because I couldn’t wait to see what the next envelope contained. The book describes the places Ginny travels in such a way that I can imagine it, and almost feel as if I have jet lag along with her! It keeps a steady pace, and never has a lull in the action, so you are hooked the whole time. I think it would be an excellent book for any young adult, and will definitely recommend it to others in the future!


Cautionary Note: Occasional language, and some teen drinking, but nothing serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment