Monday, July 5, 2010

Teaching Sample Video

Adriane Teaching

The following video is a five minute sample of my teaching style, which I created as part of a job application for the Houston Independent School District.

As it was the end of June, and traditional school had gone on summer break when I found out that HISD wanted to learn more about me, I had to be creative when it came to finding a "class." I first checked with local summer school programs, but to my dismay the day I emailed the teacher was the last day of class. I really wanted to film myself teaching a class of high school students, so I decided that my only other option was to drive home from Utah to Idaho and enlist the help of my high school aged siblings and their friends.

I prepared a lesson, and met the students in an empty classroom on the college campus in my hometown. Only seven students showed up because it was the fourth of July weekend, but I believe it is still an accurate sampling of my teaching style and tactics.

I wish I could post the entire lesson, which was about 12 minutes long, but this sample still covers the highlights of the lesson, the strategies, and teaching style I typically use in the classroom. You can either watch the embedded video, or click the link below to watch it on YouTube.

Sample Video

No comments:

Post a Comment