I Know What You Did Last Summerby Lois Duncan
Published by: Laurel Leaf
Summary: This book is about about a group of four high school students who are involved in a hit and run accident which ends up killing a young boy. Speeding down the road late at night after hours of partying, the group strikes a young boy on his bicycle. Instead of stopping to help, the group drives to the nearest phone and makes an anonymous phone call to the police to report the accident. The group makes a pact not to tell what happened. The event causes the breakdown of fellowship between the four friends and they go their separate ways. About a year later, one of the girls receives an anonymous note that reads "I Know What You Did Last Summer." Horrified, she gets in touch with the other members of the pact and the chase is on. One thing leads to another and before they know it, they're trying to outsmart a killer.
Personal Review: The story was enjoyable, even if it was a bit predictable. Maybe I have just read too many mysteries, though. I have never seen the movie, but the book is not violent or too scary. Actually, it is a lot about morals, values, and teenagers learning lessons, even if it is the hard way.
No comments:
Post a Comment